Monday, January 31, 2011

kiss kiss bang bang! i'm BACK

Hello!

Remember me?

Melissa?

... the author of this blog?

Guess what?

I kicked my first semester of graduate school in the BALLS, and came out on the other end with a 4.0 GPA!

And I've lost almost 10 pounds since this post was written!

And Scotty, Jewel, Matt and I have started a Firefly/Serenity RPG and I'M the Game Master!

And my parents gave me Netflix for Christmas, so I've been watching movies and TV shows nonstop! (Notable mentions: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World [sogoodsogoodsogood], 30 Rock, Skins [the gut-wrenching and addictive UK version, obviously, not the insipid, rip-off US version], 500 Days of Summer, and a documentary about fonts --yes, fonts -- called Helvetica.)

And Matt is finally moving out of his parent's house this weekend! And he's going to be living in a sweet Victorian mansion with 4 other people, and one of them has a KITTEN! MEOWMEOW!

I know we're only a month in, but I can tell that 2011 is going to be Made of Awesome. And I don't want to make the mistake of not chronicling all of this Awesomeness. So, in case you were wondering if this little blog is defunct -- THINK AGAIN, FRIENDS. This is just the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. Yay finally! I was very excited to see this link bolded with a (1) next to it on my Google Reader :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAAAY!!! I MISSED YOU MELISSA!!! ^_^

    I am so so glad you're back. Sounds like Jan was made of WIN! I so wish we lived closer!!!

    Take care!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the warm welcome back, guys :D I'm really excited to be back, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay you are alive!! Wow sounds like you've been having quite the time while you're been gone! Go you! I'm attempting to lose 10 lbs myself, not going so well so far, but I'll keep at it I suppose. Looking forward to more regular updates

    ReplyDelete