Friday, April 23, 2010

And many more

So today is my 23rd birthday. This is how my day has been so far:
  1. At midnight I started a book about a bitchy teenage girl who dies in a car accident and then relives her last day for seven days. I couldn't put it down and I ended up finishing it. It was incredibly depressing and wound me up so much that I had to start a different book.
  2. I tried to fall asleep, but I got into this weird state of mind that happens to me sometimes wherein I start to get really creeped out by the concept of sleep -- the idea that I'm just going to fall unconscious and then suddenly come to several hours later with no memory of what happened. It seems kind of dumb now, but I don't know. I'm a freak.
  3. JUST as I was dozing off, my pet hedgehog Huxley started making this unbelievably loud thumping noise. I literally walked over to his cage and got up in his face. He rolled up into a ball and hissed at me. That unnerved me even more.
  4. After about 30 more minutes of tossing and turning, I accepted that I was not going to get any sleep and just got on the computer. And hence this blog was born.
  5. At 5 AM, my mom came into my room and said happy birthday. Then she said, "Come over here for a second, I want to show you something. It's really gross." And for some reason I followed her. "There's something in Hickory (our elderly dog)'s bed." I was expecting poop or parasitic worms. Do you know what it was?
  6. IT WAS A FUCKING DEAD BABY BUNNY SMUSHED TO DEATH IN THE CORNER OF HIS DOGGIE BED. 
  7. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.
  8. I WILL NEVER EVER EVER SLEEP AGAIN

4 comments:

  1. You have a pet hedgehog? How excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pet Hedgehogs are Excellent!
    shame about the bunny though.
    It did however make me fall off my chair giggling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now i don't generally like rabbits...but that is pretty sad! Happy birthday also! Yaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know that hedgehogs could hiss. That is a funniest (and kinda sickest) blog origin story I ever heard.

    ReplyDelete